Lightweight13-1-1 : From massive underdog to the top of the pile. Frankie Edgar has silenced his doubters with back to back wins over long time Lightweight champion BJ Penn. After a razor thin decision victory at UFC 112 over Penn, Edgar went on to shut out Penn five rounds to none at UFC 118. Anchoring his impressive record are notable fighters such as Penn x2, Tyson Griffin, Hermes Franca, and Sean Sherk. In his rematch with Gray Maynard Edgar suffered a brutal first round in which many thought he may not escape the round at all. However Edgar once again showcased the heart and willpower that helped him to win the title in the first place. Following the draw with Maynard he has been matched up against his nemesis in an attempt to get a true ending to the last fight. (Scott Matla)
Nickname: The Answer
- Current UFC LW Champion, including 2 title defenses.
- Strong all around skills, especially wrestling.
- His speed and agility.
- Fighting to a controversial draw with Gray Maynard at UFC 125, in a fight of the year candidate.
- Defeating BJ Penn back-to-back in 2010, both via unanimous decision.
- Victories over Matt Veach, Sean Sherk, Hermes Franca, Spencer Fisher, Mark Bocek, Tyson Griffin, and Jim Miller.
- Winning 'Fight of the Night' 4 times in the UFC.